Important Points to Keep in Mind for Disaster Preparedness
Each and every single person, irrespective of their present situation must be knowledgeable about disaster preparedness. Be sure that you don’t think that a disaster whether it is natural or manmade is not able to harm you. No one is exempted to experiencing the dangers that disasters can cause. It is important that you know a lot of disaster preparedness tips in order to assist you to survive to any disaster situations. Now, in the extent of this article, we could not mention all of the disaster preparedness tips. There are just a lot of tips, on the other hand, we will tackle a couple of them just the important ones.
1. Perhaps, the most important tip is to be certain that you family has already created a communication plan such as a family disaster plan. This can be put together in a couple of methods, on the other hand, one of the most essential is to make certain that there is at least one family member or a friend who is living far away and is able to contact all of you in the event that you lose communication with each other.
2. Be sure to know all of the emergency evacuation course as they pertain to your workplace or your community.
3. Make sure that you know how to shut down all of the utilities such as water, electricity and particularly gas.
4. Make sure to have an emergency survival package or kit in place for each and every member of your family that has at least adequate supplies such as water, food, medications, clothing, blankets and so on that could last to at least 3 days.
5. And also, make certain that you have cash on hand since there is a high probability that the ATM will not be working or the credit card terminals in case that some stores are still open.
6. And this one should be a complete must. Be certain that you allot some time to learn how to do first aid as well as CPR techniques. And it is definitely worth it to allot some of your time to know how to save your life or even the life of another individual.
7. Make certain that you have set a reunion area or a meeting area designated for the members of your household or family to gather at.
8. Be sure to know and understand that particular disasters are more susceptible to take place in certain areas and places. For this reason, find out what is most likely to occur in your area.